MDUG – Michigan Db2 Users Group – 6. Juni 2018
SEGUS & SOFTWARE ENGINEERING präsentieren
> Pdf Präsentation – 360° Audit
> Pdf Präsentation – Db2 12 – 12 months agile production experience with more focus on the Data and less on the base
- „360 degrees Audit“ which starts with an overview of what you should know about audit and what the new GDPR means to us as DBAs.
- Then goes a little into Auditor requirements,
- then shows you which IFCIDS give which data that you should have running at your shops,
- then runs through an example system and frame work
See our Audit Product and documents
- then a list of latest KPMG Auditor questions from a couple of our customers which shows that they are getting agile as well…
- before rounding off with a run through from some GUI screen shots and the LEEF SIEM interface.
Db2 12 – 12 months agile production experience with more focus on the Data and less on the base
Migrating to Db2 12 is pretty much the same procedure like every 3 years. Then we get introduced to a variety of levels that control new features and functions being delivered and realize that the every-3-years-same-procedure is history. The levels, their dependencies and behavior are a fundamental change, which was implemented to control agile and more specifically it’s associated Continuous Delivery of future upgrades and fixes. As usual, it comes with benefits, but also challenges.
This presentation not only covers customers experiences migrating to Db2 12, but also how the changed maintenance approach has forced them to change existing procedures.
The second part is the daily operation and exploitation using Db2 12 enhancements from customers of different industries.
The over-all results aren’t bad, but a major conclusion is also that this Db2 version is significantly different than other versions before. It’s the first agile version with all its pros and cons. According to IBMs July 2017 announcement, the new database design “represents the elemental nature of Db2 (think periodic table) and connotes the fundamental importance of hybrid data management“. Where does this materialize in our daily work with Db2? Join this presentation and benefit from the experience of other Db2 customers around the world running Db2 12.
- a – Db2 migration and maintenance – meet the agile and continuous delivery face of Db2.
b – Db2 Code, Catalog, Function and Application Levels – differences, dependencies and how to successfully manage them.
- Running Db2 12 and exploiting new features – what’s hot and how to exploit it best?
- Emphasizing the Data – what has changed since July and what are the hybrid aspects managing Data?
- Top 10 list of tips and gotchas from a year of Db2 12 production Data bases around the world
Audience Experience: Intermediate Advanced
Platform: Db2 z/OS
Presentation Length: 60 minutes
Presentation Category: Database Administration, Performance Management, Db2 Migration
Roy Boxwell has more than 32 years of experience in MVS, OS/390, and z/OS environments – 30 of those in Db2. He specializes in installation, migration, and performance monitoring and tuning. Roy leads the SEG development team responsible for the real time database maintenance solutions. He is also an active participant, speaker and contributor on the IDUG Db2 Listserv and sends out a monthly Db2 z/OS Newsletter.