- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Saint Louis Db2 Users Group – Juni 2018
5. Juni 2018
STLDUG – Saint Louis Db2 Users Group, MO, USA – Juni 2018
SEGUS & SOFTWARE ENGINEERING präsentieren
Total environment simulation – Workload Replay in an agile world
Is your production cloning for development/testing a quick and fully automated procedure? Does it consider differences of the underlying hardware and does it allow to choose and automatically run SQL workloads?
Maybe your Db2 cloning needs an upgrade!
By using a highly customizable XML script and by exploiting virtualization features we can make a clone YOUR clone and even make it behave like production. However, most importantly SQL Capture/Replay fills the gap of automatically running your production workload for testing. It captures production SQL 24/7 by exploiting highly efficient IFCID-via-OPx technology and it filters and prepares statements for replay. This enables shops to capture any SQL being ever executed and keep them in sets of workloads to be selected for testing. As an integrated part of Db2 cloning, this adds up to a comprehensive cloning solution, not only for objects and data, but even for production workloads.
Learn how to integrate individual task for flexible automation and how to choose from four different levels of testing. The levels include simple anomaly alerting, access path verification, cloning and workload capture/replay to easily discover different behavior resulting from changes, like new application releases, or environment upgrades. Find out how easily you can pick and choose from KPI based test automation.
Mehr über Db2 Continuous Delivery – CD
- Testing, virtualizing and simulating – the aspects of reliable quality assurance
- Db2 database/object cloning – what’s state of the art and what’s beyond
- XML commander – The comprehensive automation of flexibility, covering
• ISPF file tailoring, panels, messages
• Db2 Commands
- Emphasizing the Data – what has changed since July and what are the hybrid aspects managing Data
– Anomaly alerting based on Incompatibility Change Indicators (ICIs)
– Dyn./Stat.Access Path Change Detection e.g.via Plan Management
– Cloning exploiting Backup System
– Workload-KPI verification using SQL replay and KPI comparison
- Top 10 list of tips and gotchas from a year of Db2 12 production Data bases around the world
Audience Experience: Intermediate Advanced
Platform: Db2 z/OS
Presentation Length: 60 minutes
Presentation Category: Database Administration, Performance Management, Db2 Migration
Ulf Heinrich is the Director of Solutions Delivery at SOFTWARE ENGINEERING GmbH. He specializes in Db2 operations and performance tuning, focusing on the growing requirement for cost reduction and 24×7 operations. As a consultant at large customer sites, he has implemented database maintenance procedures and recovery strategies, and also experienced the pitfalls of recovery scenarios under realworld recovery pressure. His activities cover EMEA, as well as North America through SE’s U.S. subsidiary, SEGUS Inc. As a member of SE’s Request Board he’s working closely with customers and the development labs.