- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
New England DB2 Users Group März 2017
30. März 2017
New England DB2 Users Group März 2017, Old Sturbridge Village, MA, USA. NEDB2UG
SEGUS & SOFTWARE ENGINEERING sponsern diese Veranstaltung und präsentieren:
am 30. März 2017
Fundamental changes in the DB2 z world often lead to concerns. Let’s face it – some changes force us to change! While a DB2 version migration usually took months, or even years, there will be no new DB2 version after 12, but continuous code drops.
This will have a tremendous impact on migration strategies, because we have to find a reliable way to test these code deliveries in a fraction of time. If we make it, Business Divisions will become enthused at how quickly new technology becomes available for new applications. This presentation will describe the difference between Code, Catalog, Function and Application Levels, how you can control them and how you can fallback in case of anomalies. It also illustrates how we still can be pro-active in testing without burning weeks and months.
Learn how to choose from four different levels of testing and a new way of automation. CD-Screening allows you to pick and choose from KPI based test automation. The levels include simple anomaly alerting, access path verification, clone pre-apply and even workload capture/replay to easily discover different behaviour resulting from a new code Level.
Joining this presentation, you’ll learn how to align Continuous Delivery to your Continuous Availability.
- Agile, Continuous Delivery, DevOps – just buzz words, or new methodologies?
- DB2 Code, Catalog, Function and Application Levels – differences and dependencies.
- Activation/Deactivation of new code and how to fallback and when you can’t.
- Different flavors of (pro-active) CD-Screening and how it can be automated.
* Anomaly alerting based on Incompatibility Change Indicators (ICIs)
* Dyn./Stat.Access Path Change Detection e.g.via Plan Management
* Clone based code change pre-apply exploiting Backup System
* Workload-KPI verification using SQL replay and KPI comparison
Audience Experience: Intermediate Advanced
Platform: DB2 z/OS
Presentation Length: 60 minutes
Presentation Category: Database Administration Performance Management DB2 Migration
Ulf Heinrich is the Director of Solutions Delivery at SOFTWARE ENGINEERING GmbH. He specializes in DB2 recovery issues and database maintenance, focusing on the growing requirement for cost reduction and 24×7 operations. As a consultant at large customer sites, he has implemented database maintenance procedures and recovery strategies, and also experienced the pitfalls of recovery scenarios under real‐world recovery pressure. His activities cover EMEA, as well as North America through SE’ U.S. subsidiary, SEGUS Inc. He’ involved in the development of SE’ maintenance and recovery Solutions.