- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
IDUG 2017 DB2 North America Tech Conference
30. April 2017 - 4. Mai 2017
IDUG 2017 North America Tech Conference, Anaheim, Kalifornien, USA
SEGUS & SOFTWARE ENGINEERING präsentieren:
Fundamental changes in the db2 z world often lead to concerns. Let’s face it – some changes force us to change! While a db2 version migration usually took months, or even years, there will be no new db2 version after 12, but continuous code drops.
This will have a tremendous impact on migration strategies, because we have to find a reliable way to test these code deliveries in a fraction of time. If we make it, Business Divisions will become enthused at how quickly new technology becomes available for new applications. This presentation will describe the difference between Code, Catalog, Function and Application Levels, how you can control them and how you can fallback in case of anomalies. It also illustrates how we still can be pro-active in testing without burning weeks and months.
Learn how to choose from four different levels of testing and a new way of automation. CD-Screening allows you to pick and choose from KPI based test automation. The levels include simple anomaly alerting, access path verification, clone Pre-apply and even workload capture/replay to easily discover different behaviour resulting from a new code Level.
Joining this presentation, you’ll learn how to align Continuous Delivery to your Continuous Availability.
- Agile, Continuous Delivery, DevOps – just buzz words, or new methodologies?
- db2 Code, Catalog, Function and Application Levels – differences and dependencies.
- Activation/Deactivation of new code and how to fallback and when you can’t.
- Different flavors of (pro-active) CD-Screening and how it can be automated.
* Anomaly alerting based on Incompatibility Change Indicators (ICIs)
* Dyn./Stat.Access Path Change Detection e.g.via Plan Management
* Clone based code change pre-apply exploiting Backup System
* Workload-KPI verification using SQL replay and KPI comparison
Audience Experience: Intermediate Advanced
Platform: db2 z/OS
Presentation Length: 60 minutes
Presentation Category: Database Administration Performance Management db2 Migration
Roy Boxwell has more than 30 years of experience in MVS, OS/390, and z/OS environments – 27 of those in db2. He specializes in installation, migration, and performance monitoring and tuning. Roy leads the SEG development team responsible for the real time database maintenance solutions. He is also an active participant, speaker and contributor on the IDUG db2 Listserv and sends out a monthly db2 z/OS Newsletter.