- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Central Canada DB2 Users Group 2021
12. April 2021 Ganztägig
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING & SEGUS präsentieren:
Space Troopers enter the ZOWE world
Db2 mission control for the next generation
Space is infinite, but that doesn’t mean there are no limits. Space Troopers in the galaxy of Db2 z/OS want to see the bad guys coming before the production spacecraft gets exhausted. Sneak into the ZOWEs space mission control on a journey into the future.
There has always been a variety of mission critical limits in Db2. Thankfully, IBM does a great job with their resource constraint relieve efforts to relax them where they can. However, we all know -or learned it the hard way- there are still lots of them a there are even new ones every once in a while.
Old space management isn’t designed for warp speed production space crafts, but ZOWE empowers state-of-the-art mission control to guarantee the maximum range for your journey.
Get on-board and learn where the limits are and how to monitor them in real-time using the latest and greatest front-end technology of the z platform.
- Db2 limits
- DSSIZE or PIECESIZE among other basic simple things
- Linear Dataset limits (32 for segmented spaces, 254 for LOB)
- PBGs & MAXPARTITIONS 5. SEQUENCES and Numeric Primary Key usage 6. Abstract limit of Db2 (DBATs etc.)
- Resource monitoring
Different type for different needs
- Zowe integration and exploitation
- Pre-reqs you have to get right
- Knowledge you must have
- What we did and How we did it
- How it looks today (Tomorrow will be different!)
Roy Boxwell has more than 33 years of experience in MVS, OS/390, and z/OS environments – 30 of those in DB2. He specializes in installation, migration, and performance monitoring and tuning. Roy leads the SEG development team responsible for the real time database maintenance solutions. He is also an active participant and contributor on the IDUG Db2 Listserve and sends out a monthly Db2 newsletter.